"Right"
"So what about Santa because he is doing the same thing."
Wow. Touche. I had no idea Madison was such a deep thinker. I told her that most cities know that Santa is coming so they don't worry about him but maybe in some cities that aren't quite up on their stuff as they should be that Santa gets a permit. That seemed to satisfy her.
I hope Madison doesn't become the lawyer that succeeds in suing Santa Claus.
We went to Walmart on Saturday to get pictures with Santa. The mall here consists of about 5 stores so I doubted they would have a Santa. So I got the girls dressed and we headed to the store all the while Madison chattering about whether or not it will be the real Santa or one of his helpers. The girls were both really excited as we headed to the Christmas department. My expectations were shattered when I saw that their Santa display was nothing more than Santa sitting on a bench with a green blanket covering it, a teeny weeny, cheesy backdrop and Christmas trees for sale on either side of him. To top it all off a sales worker with a point and shoot camera was taking pictures without even a tripod! I was NOT impressed.
The girlsl however were very happy to go sit with Santa. Celina seemed awed and like she was starstruck but then she went and sat down too. The sales girl took the pictures and then Santa asked the girls what they wanted for Christmas. Madison said she wanted some Ariel doll and when Celina was asked all she said was "Christmas tree". I'm not sure if that answer came because she still had a semi vacant expression and there were glittering trees for sale right in front of her or because she really does want one for Christmas. We actually don't have one right now. (Opa's tree kicked the bucket and so we need to buy a new one)
Anyways, I was pretty amazed with the how the photo turned out considering. This is just a picture of the picture because we can't figure out our scanner but I don't think it's that bad and it was free too so I will stop complaining. Madison is firmly convinced that it was, indeed, the real Santa Claus who graced our Walmart Supercenter in St. Augustine with his presence. So to all those kids who thought they were with the real Santa on Saturday in other malls, I'm sorry but you were mistaken.
We cut out snowflakes this week and made a giant mess everywhere. Celina needed help cutting so I held the paper and kept turning it so she could make her cuts. It was pretty dangerous. She kept shutting her eyes tight as she used every bit of quivering strength to get the scissors to snip through the folds. Kind of like when she would squeeze the play dough when she was a baby, Tyler. :D Anyways, this is probably as close to snow as the girls will get this year!
I've been checking out familyfun.com for some things to do and found these cute crafts. That is Celina's handprint for Santa's beard that looks like would hang to his knees and Madison's "stumb"prints for reindeer faces. (Will she ever learn the "th" sound?) We used little pompoms for noses and put the pictures in frames. I hang these frames in their play area and the idea is to switch the pictures of things they have done so they can display their work. I thought they turned out pretty darn cute!

3 comments:
You should show the girl the original "Miracle on 34th Street" and see what happens when you take Santa to court ;D
Fun art work too. Such snowflake experts!
Those reindeer are adorable!
I agree, mall shooters should at least use a tri-pod so that they can pretend that they know something about photography... really, even when they have a "Bigger" camera, they just have it on point and shoot mode anyway... that's why they end up sucking so bad :)
Wow! Those are some cute crafts. Maybe I should try something like that instead of yelling at my kids to quit running around the house and putting in DVD after VHS.
Madison does sound like an attorney in the making...very intelligent if you ask me.
Post a Comment