Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Lazy Days

Celina is fascinated with the lizards around here. They are often climbing up and down the patio screens outside particularly when it is warm. Celina has aspired to catching them and one day she did! She came up to me while I was on the computer one day and said "Mommy! Look! I have a lizard!" To which I said "That's great! Now get it outside!!!" We talked about lizards liking it better outside and I took a picture of her proud moment. You can barely see its head if you look closely. (the head is probably about to pop off too.)

A couple of days later I was laying in bed with my eyes closed enjoying the fact that I didn't have to get Madison up for school when "Mommy, look the tail is broke," I opened my eyes to see Celina's fist in my face. She was holdling something but I couldn't see what. Why do little kids always shove things right between your eyebrows when they want to show you something? I leaned back and saw a lizard's tail centimeters from my face. No lizard - just a tail. BLECH! Celina was immediately instructed to take that thing outside. (Shiver! She could have dropped it in my sheets!) Scott told her later that these lizards will simply let their own tails break off when they are scared so they can escape. Ew. The crazy thing is that lizard must live on our patio because Celina found a lizard with a stub of a tail tonight on the patio screen. Celina is convinced that they are friends.



While everyone else has been shoveling snow we have been enjoying warm weather. I say enjoying loosely because I would much rather be watching snow fall than turning on the ac in December.

We have a neighbour who has a little boat and lets Scott take it out. So we got the girls in life jackets and they went in the pond in our back yard the other day.



I watched them for a while and then when I went to watch again I saw that Scott was relaxing and the girls were "rowing". It was pretty funny because the oars were locked too high and they just kept slapping the water and going in circles.



I think all three of my kids had a good time!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blog looks totally cute :) I love the lizard story... and by love, I love that it didn't happen to me! I love the girls rowing around like crazies!

Musicmom-Amy said...

What a funny story about the lizard. Funny because it didn't happen to me :D Love the pics of Scott letting the girls row.