Saturday, November 1, 2008

1, 2, 3...Not it!

Well I've been tagged so here it goes:

7 things you may not know about me.

1. I love to sit and colour with my girls.....or without them. I find that coloring is a stress reliever for me. Ever since the girls were cooped up in the jeep for 7 days they have enjoyed colouring. (Yay!) Maybe after we are finished with school and have payed off a lot of loans I'll be able to get some good quality paints and and apply colour to things other than Strawberry Shortcake.



2. I can barely add or subtract. I even failed math 11 and got an E. Yes, Americans, we have E's in high school :o) and an E is very bad.

3. I have never been to Whistler. Sheesh! What kind of Canadian am I? I love mountains and snow - one of my favorite childhood memories was when we took the train to Calgary at Christmas time. The scenery was amazing. I remember having a coloring book and crayons while in the viewing car and not getting much coloring done because I was in such awe of the scenery unfolding before me.



4. I love colour so much that a few years ago I helped my mom pick out flowers for a new bouquet to keep in her newly decorated living room. It didn't turn out very well. Every colour was in that arrangement but pink and orange if I remember correctly. The flowers stayed in the living room for a few months and then quietly got demoted to a spare bedroom....in fact I don't recall seeing it in my mom's house at all in the months before we left for Florida... When we are able to afford actually matching furniture etc I will need some guidance!

5. I played dress-up until I was about 14 or so. Okay laugh! My grandma had a huge box FULL of poofy dresses from the 50's, hats, gloves and funky clothes from the 60's too. My sister, cousins and I had a blast dressing up! (Tyler never played with us....)

6. I love decorating cakes! It is so much fun and they have all turned out pretty well. This is Celina's cake from her 3rd birthday. She is our Super Monkey.



7. Last but not least, I am the Cubmaster in our ward. I was stunned when the call was extended and walked around in a fog for a few days but I am having a lot of fun with this one. We had a pack meeting on Wednesday and it went great. The boys are all motivated and all received their Bobcat badges at the meeting. I am kind of a den leader too while we get more people in place so I'm getting to know the boys pretty well. It's just too funny that I am now in scouting because Scott just left that calling and it was the only (main one) he has ever had since we were married.

Whew! Okay so now I tag all the Jennifers (C, M, R you know who you are!), Georgia and Andrea

7 comments:

Suze said...

HA! I remember you coloring even when we lived together. So funny. I didn't know you were THAT into it. But hey that's cool. My girls won't let me color their books. They say it's theirs and not for mommy.

It's been fun getting to know you a little more. Tyler too...tee hee!

Alana said...

Uh.....maybe I should clarify that it's not that I colour all the time. I haven't bought a colouring book for myself in almost 6 months. JK!

Life as a Kenessey said...

Such a cute blog....And I did gasp outloud that you have never been to whistler...next time you visit, you must go!!! Your family is adorable....I am so glad you commented on my blog...so that I knew that you had one :)

Erin said...

I haven't been to Whistler either! We'll have to go together when you get back! Girls' weekend? Maybe spa treatment or two? oh YA! Hurry up & come back!:)

Alana said...

Yes, yes, yes! Let's go!

Musicmom-Amy said...

Funny how we don't visit the places we live near. Since I lived in CA I NEVER visited Yosemite until a year before we moved. Silly!!

Funny you have NO boys and are in cubs. Me? I have 2 in the program and NEVER got called to that. That's not to say I haven't been to my fair share of Day camps. The boys are lucky to have you!!

Musicmom-Amy said...

Oh! Adorable cake!