Monday, November 17, 2008

Surf's Up!

This post is meant to make everyone jealous. :o) While you are sitting there in your long sleeve shirts and sweater socks holding a warm cup of hot chocolate (except for Erin because she doesn't like it), you can read about our trip to the beach on Friday because it was pretty warm that day. Bwa ha ha!



The tide was going out as we pulled onto the beach so we set to work right away with playing in the sand. Celina made a lobster.



Then she wanted to be buried in the sand. We covered her up and just when I was about to get the camera, a friend turned her into a mermaid. You would have thought that a magic wand had been waved because Celina was enchanted. After the photo, we decorated her tail with some shells.



Here is my city. It didn't last long though. Not because of the tide but because of preschoolers pretending to be monsters.



Celina loves chasing the seagulls. They paid us back later when a stray cracker attracted them to us and they flew overhead, menacingly, threatening to divebomb us at any time.



This picture makes me laugh because it looks like Celina is singing her heart out!



These are sea oats which line the back of the beaches. Celina and one of the other little boys kept going up there which Scott tells me there could be snakes. Yikes! So I had to haul her out of there. When I got to the top I saw a sign that says that walking around the sea oats or picking them results in a $2000 fine. Oops! The sea oats help ward off erosion on the beach which is a big, big problem in Florida.



We had a great time and I have a wicked sunburn on my back to prove it. We looked for pretty shells on the beach and enjoyed the salty sea breeze. You always know it's time to go when someone puts on the lampshade at a party or in this case, the beach bucket.


2 comments:

Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras said...

OK, sooooo JEALOUS!lol ;) I REALLY enjoyed all your photos too! Celina does look like she's singing her heart out...too cute! I love the sea oats photo too! :)

Life as a Kenessey said...

YUP Jealous!! Totally green over here!