Celina and I headed to the start line and Celina took off running at a full tilt saying "Come on, Mommy! Come on! It's a race!"
So she ran all the way to the start line and then we waited with some other people for the word to go; until the people there told me that the walkers had already left. Oops! (Heh, heh!) So with not a walker in sight, Celina and I began our race. We didn't see a single person until we were half way through. My great accomplishment in the race was that I actually overtook people while pushing a 3yr old in an umbrella stroller. Yay! When we got near the finish line we could see balloons and so Celina hopped out of the stroller and ran as fast as she could. But there was no finish line for the walkers. No people there to cheer you on or to tell you good job. It was pretty anticlimatic. Poor Celina!
Madison discovered that 5K is a lot farther than she thought and walked and ran and sat on Daddy's shoulders throughout the run. But when she saw the finish line and heard the cheering she gave it all she had and ran as fast as she could.

For extra credit, Scott and some of his classmates dressed up as superheroes at the request of one of his teachers. Scott was Mr. Incredible and he decided to go all out for it. He got blue contacts and decided to dye his hair blonde! I would have no part in it so he had to do it himself. Before he began I told him that if something went wrong I would have no choice but to laugh. Well, he ended up looking more like Ronald Weasly than Mr. Incredible after 4 attempts to go blonde. And yes, I laughed!
So there was some explaining to do before he began his lesson in Gospel Doctrine class the next day. Before he dyed his hair back he wanted to freak out his brother and sister that night at dinner. It worked and we all had a good laugh.
After the race there were all kinds of fun things for the girls to do. There were lots of jumpy castles and slides, face painting and balloon animals and free food too! There was also an award ceremony for the winners of the 5K. Imagine our surprise when Madison Hollander was called up as the second place winner in the girls under 9 category! She won some ice cream sundae gift certificates and was awarded a "grey" medal!
It was a pretty fun day and to top it off the girls had a picture taken with their very own Mr. Incredible and the other superheroes.

4 comments:
It looks like you guys have a fun bunch of friends! I especially enjoyed the Hulk :) Tell Scott that he wimped out by puting on a muscle suit :)
Scott says it's not a muscle suit. That's what happens when he runs long distances. As for the Hulk, he is a great guy. I had to tell him to quit roaring at the little kids coming down the slides.
That's great! Way to go guys!!! :)
LOVE the hair! It just made us laugh so much. Congrats on making it to the finishline.
Post a Comment