So finally the big day arrived at we went to Madison's school carnival which was AMAZING. They had free food and all kinds of stuff to do. You go in 3 different jumpy castles and slides, play carnival games, get your face or nails painted etc! I was really impressed with the food people because there had to be over 1000 people there and while there was always a big line for the food, you went through it in about 2 minutes. Now THAT"s amazing!
I forgot my camera which I've been doing a lot lately and it is so annoying....Anyway, they blasted Thriller along with some other early Micheal Jackson hits and Celina couldn't keep her feet still. There was a woman there manning the music and she just started dancing and attracting a crowd - because she was good I should add! :D Well, Celina decided to join her when a line dancing song started up and then the kids all came running too. So little Celina was in the thick of this crowd jumping and sliding her best! Darn you, camera!
The next day was the day of her little party. One hour before the party started I got 2 phone calls 15 minutes apart from each other. One from Scott's sister saying that her little boy had a really bad ear ache and the other from his brother saying that he forgot he had to work that day but they would be over for dinner that night. Well, I do enjoy having small families on both sides but when you have situations like this and somebody cancels it throws you off big time and now there would be no kids at the party! Celina was okay that Lucy and Charlie couldn't come but we had to think of something quick! So we jumped into the jeep and headed to Jacksonville and since Opa is here I got to ride on the backseat and watch Babe with the girls.
We went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch and it was yummy! And yes, of course we had cheesecake! It was to die for.....
The servers brought Celina her own piece with a candle and sang Happy Birthday to her. She was so surprised and basked in the attention!
She is doomed to have her name misspelled her whole life I'm afraid!
Then we headed over to the Museum of Science and History which was lots of fun! The giant nose here even had nose hair. Blech!
Is it a two-way mirror? I hope not!
The biggest reason why we chose the museum is because their dinosaur exhibit opened that very day and Celina loves dinosaurs. We have decided that she is a very well rounded girl. While she enjoys prancing around as a fairy or a princess and playing with Barbies and ponies, she also loves plastic bugs, snakes and dinosaurs. In fact, the Easter Bunny brought her a red dragon that she had her eye on at Barnes and Noble. However, once we got there, the dinosaurs were a little frightening!
The lighting in this room was terrible with light and dark areas and I couldn't figure it out - sorry! Anyway, this room had robotic dinosaurs that when at first glance move quite fluidly. Celina was not sure about this at all at first!
We caught a science show and Madison got to be the hair-raising volunteer and got lots of laughs! And now, according to Michael Scott, she now knows science!
My girls have inherited my sensitive ears.
Then it was a mad dash back home to get dinner ready! We let Celina pick out her party decorations and so we had Lisa Frank plates, My Little Pony cups, Sesame Street napkins and a Wall-E cake. Like I said, she is well-rounded!
We had a rousing game of "Don't Eat Pete" (of course!) and then we played Twister where Scott reigned supreme.
And now it was 9:45pm. WAY past bedtime and the birthday girl was ready for bed!
PS If you look closely you can see blue R's and L's on her hands and feet to help her remember where to put what on the mat.

4 comments:
I adore Thriller, good tune :)
That place looks fun! The head kinda scared me, but I'm okay now.
Celina doesn't seem hard to spell? Did I spell it right? :)
"Happy Birthday Celina, I miss you, I hope you had fun, I want you to move back to the yellow house!!!" Love~ Ocean
Yeah, the head scares me too. If it wasn't so grayish looking it might be a little better...but probably not!
Happy Birthday Celina!!! Looks like you are having way too much fun out there :D
Post a Comment