Madison is super excited because she has been named the student of the week again. So Dazzle the star is home with us and almost came to church with us this morning too. We drew the line there. Dazzle has her own bag that says Student of the Week on it and wherever we go, Dazzle comes too tucked in her special bag so everyone will know that Madison is special.
What really cracked me up is that when Madison's teacher called Friday to congratulate us on our Super Star, I was told that actually Madison would have been the student of the week last week except that she started lobbying for the honour. "Mrs. O, you know I haven't been Student of the Week 2 times yet..." and " I really want to be the Student of the Week again, Mrs. O". Well, we are so proud of how well she is doing. She LOVES reading and is excited to learn new words all the time.
Celina is still my nuisance at home and is getting over yet another cold. She has been sick on and off since Christmas with little fevers sprinkled through out. She just got worse and worse until I took her to the doctor on Friday. He was a good guy and even played with Celina and her farm animals she had brought with her in her purse. So now she is on antibiotics again and eye drops for a clogged tear duct. She does NOT like the eye drops! She is also very eager to learn her letters and likes working in preschool books like her sister did.
Scott is right smack in the middle of mid-terms and so we hardly see him. Madison and Celina have been amazed that Daddy will come home for dinner only to head back to school as soon as he is done. "Daddy goes to school at bedtime?" I got to be his patient for a few hours on Saturday while he practiced some procedures. My favorite was the Paraffin bath where he dipped my hands in warm wax 10 times, then wrapped them in saran wrap and then in towels. I could have sat there for the real alloted time which is about 20 minutes or more but he had a lot of other procedures to go through. It felt AWESOME! It was like a spa treatment! The weirdest thing he did was what is called Fluidotherapy which is cellulose particles that massage your skin. Translation: ground up, super fine corn cobs spraying all over your hand and arm in a machine. it felt like a light massage though I found the fact that corn cobs are used to be highly amusing to say the least. What are we learning, to be a witch doctor? Scott says that at least once a semester a student will forget to bind a patient's arm properly thus spraying the entire room with last season's crop. I think it would be funny to see so long as I wouldn't have to clean it up!
He is also in cadaver labs this semester which he finds incredibly fascinating because he can see exactly how the body is set up instead of relying on models etc. Sometimes I have to squash his enthusiasm because his stories make me queazy. Blech!
Getting the mail with Daddy is a daily ritual whether in costume or not.
So here are some photos from an attempted photo shoot last week. Madison is always extremely cooperative but Celina is just not. She almost never looks at the camera and the rest of the time was spent chasing her down, clicking all the way. So here are the results.
Throwing rocks in the pond and feeling quite pleased with herself so *click!*
"Okay give each other a hug. Celina, why aren't you hugging Madison?"
"She's squershing me!!!"
"No she isn't. Give Madison a hug too!"
Oh, well. At least she is smiling!

7 comments:
What is Scott studying again??? I LOVE parafin treatments...SO NICE. Your girls are SO SUPER CUTE...I love the pictures of them in their costumes going to get the mail. LOL!!!!
Cute photo-shoot pics!! Did you make their dresses? They're very pretty.
PS-Cadavers...I say 'blech' too!
Krista: He's studying Physical Therapy. He should be finished in Dec. 2010.
Lydia: I didn't make those dresses. They are Wal-mart 6$ dresses. Can't beat that and I thought they were super cute too. I need to post the ones I did make though.
Watching you guys makes me feel warm-- I would love to hit a beach right now! SO BAD!!!
LOVE the one of Celina and the water...that is a great picture!
the pictures turned out very cute!
Boy do we miss those cute little girls! They are sooo cute!
Post a Comment