Monday, September 22, 2008

Big and Little Swimmers

One cool thing about being in Florida is that we have a neighbourhood pool just down the street. It is open all year long but it is not heated. ("It doesn't need to be; you're in Florida!" you say?) When it gets to 72F or 20C the water just can't hold the heat at that temperature. I know, you're jealous of the pool and think I'm a whiner. Oh well, it won't get that cool (darn it!) for a while. Right now though it is 90F or 33C in the water. Too hot really. It feels like a bath. It actually feels better to be out of the pool dripping wet where at least a breeze might cool your skin. One thing that I find rather amusing is that if by some odd chance there are a couple of people in the pool, they get out real quick when they see us coming with floaties and noodles.



Daddy makes swimming very exciting!




I picked up Celina one day last week and threw her (with her life jacket on) and she came back up sputtering and rubbing her eyes. Sometimes she likes to "fly" as she calls it and sometimes she doesn't. This time she said to me "One more time and you're going to sit on a chair." Another time she coughed a bunch and then burped. She told me "Mommy! My mouth is stinky!"

Of course it's important to have proper swimming accessories.



Madison has bee practicing her cannonballs and has inspired Celina to jump too. Since the Olympics Madison has been trying to "dive". (She's just jumping, Mom.) She even stands backwards with her toes on the edge and holds her arms horizontally like she's about to attempt a backwards dive.

Geronimo!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Wow, how fun!! You have brave girls.

Unknown said...

I AM jealous of the pool :)